TomoPy 1.0.0 Release Notes¶
- FFTW implementation is now adopted. All functions that rely on FFTs such as gridrec, phase retrieval, stripe removal, etc. are now using the FFTW implementation through PyFFTW.
sinogram_orderis added to
reconas an additional argument. It determines whether data is a stack of sinograms (True, y-axis first axis) or a stack of radiographs (False). Default is False, but we plan to make it True in the upcoming release.
- Reconstruction algorithms only copies data if necessary.
- Updated library to support new mproc and recon functions. The data is now passed in sinogram order to recon functions. Also updated tests.
nchunksare now independent.
nchunksto zero removes the dimension. That allows for the functions work on 2D data rather than 3D data.
- Sliced data are used so that each process only receives the data it needs. No more
iendvariables for setting up indices in parallel processes.
- Functions will reuse sharedmem arrays if they can.
- All data I/O related functions are deprecated. They are available through DXchange package.
- Removed fft.h and fft.c, they are now completely replaced with FFTW.
emissionargument is removed from
recon. After this change the tomographic image reconstruction algorithms always assume data to be normalized.
- Arthur Glowacki (@aglowacki)
- Daniel Pelt (@dmpelt)
- Dake Feng (@dakefeng)
- Doga Gursoy (@dgursoy)
- Francesco De Carlo (@decarlof)
- Lin Jiao (@yxqd)
- Luis Barroso-Luque (@lbluque)
- Michael Sutherland (@michael-sutherland)
- Rafael Vescovi (@ravescovi)
- Thomas Caswell (@tacaswell)
- Pete R. Jemian (@prjemian)
- Wei Xu (@celiafish)